How to Make Your Business Resolutions Stick
We're two weeks into the New Year, and so far we've done a pretty good job of sticking to our business New Year's Resolutions. But with a little over 350 days to go, we're not quite out of the woods yet. So, we've put together a list of ways you can help make your business resolutions stick. What are your business resolutions for 2015? Comment below!
- Tackle one resolution at a time. If you've developed a long list of business resolutions, avoid feeling overwhelmed by categorizing them from most important to not that important. Give your most important tasks your undivided attention by tackling one resolution at a time. Or, instead of focusing on the bigger and/or more time consuming resolutions, try knocking out the small ones first. Small progress is still progress!
- Talk with other coworkers or friends about your resolutions. Telling people about our resolutions and goals helps hold us accountable. Just discussing your resolutions with others will also help you to verbalize your successes and struggles – either allowing you get some weight off your chest or making you feel good about your accomplishments.
- Write your resolutions down. Putting your resolutions on a piece of paper will make them feel and appear more concrete. Post your resolutions where you can see them on a daily basis – on your fridge or on your desk. Write small notes of encouragement to yourself and hang them around your office. These simple and constant reminders will help encourage you down the road.
- Ask for help. One man cannot tear down a mountain by himself. Well, unless you're this amazing man. If you're struggling with sticking to your business resolutions, ask from help! We're sure your coworkers or friends will be happy to help you.
- Don't give up. If you fail at keeping a resolution, don't beat yourself up. Everyone fails. It's just part of life. But, that doesn't mean you have to give up on your resolution. Examine why you failed. Determine what you could do different. Make those changes. Then, try again!