Create Snapchat Stories for Your Business
Do you have a Snapchat for your business? If not, Snapchat just may be the next social avenue for your brand, especially if you're looking to reach much younger audiences, as around 71% of Snapchat users are under the age of 25. More and more businesses targeting younger audiences are flocking to this mobile social platform, while Snapchat still remains a relatively untapped market. As of March 2014, only 1% of marketers stated they used Snapchat as part of their social strategy. So how can you use Snapchat for your business? Well, you can start by telling a Story.
What is a Snapchat Story?
A Snapchat Story involves publishing a snap as a story, which can be viewed over a twenty-four hour period of time before disappearing. A culmination of these snaps can be used to create a comprehensive, concise narrative for your brand, sharing short and memorable moments with your audience. Newer snaps are added to the end of the story cycle. This will allow you to add content as it comes in, or in other words, create a “live” experience for your audience.
Creating a Story
What types of Stories can you create for your brand? From a new product release to catching glimpses of a big event, Snapchat allows your brand to reach customers in a new and innovative way. When you're creating a story for your brand:
- Plan Ahead: If you'll be using Snapchat Stories to record a big event, make sure you're prepared to catch the “right” moments by planning ahead, especially if you'll only have one go.
- Build Up: Every great story has a little suspense or a little mystery. You can “build up” to a big moment for a product release or even a daily special by recording snaps that give a sequence of clues or hints. You'll viewers will not only be more engaged with your content, but they'll be more likely to re-watch the story sequence.
- Be Fun: Don't be afraid to get a little silly. Audiences enjoy a good laugh. But, be sure you establish rules and guidelines before creating a story. You want to be creative and fun, but still operate within the guidelines of your brand.
- Tag a Place: Snapchat recently added Geofilters to Snaps. This gives Snapchat Users access to special place graphics and names, which allows them to share their location and to unlock new filters. Currently, Geofilters are only available in certain places, but this shouldn't stop you from sharing your location with your audience!
- Measure Results: You can see who viewed your Story. Record the number of people who viewed your Snapchat Story in the past twenty-four hours. Use these numbers to help measure the success of your content.
First step? Create a Snapchat Profile and ask your customers or clients to add you on Snapchat! For more fun Snapchat Story ideas, click here.
Statistics Source: http://bit.ly/1B2K5R6